• Chatbot
  • Help and guidance
  • Find your DNB office
  • Make an appointment

Home insurance policies

We have insurance for houses, cabins, home contents and belongings.

Man and woman on a bench in the sun
  • We are available 24/7 in the event of a serious incident

  • Discount when you bundle your insurance policies with us

  • Only one deductible for damage to home contents and the building

Home contents

Bundle your insurance policies

If you own a home or a cabin, it’s a good idea to have both contents insurance and house or cabin insurance in the same insurance company. This has the advantage of only one deductible and a simpler process in the event of any damage. In addition, you get discounts by bundling your insurance with us.

Have you had an accident or injury?

You can easily report a claim online.

  • Report a claim

Do you need help with insurance?

Enter your contact info and we’ll call you.

Moving? If so, you should review your insurances

Moving is a big life event. You may already have home insurance, but if you’re moving into a larger house with a higher value, you may need more coverage. Maybe you’re moving in with someone and now have double insurance? Did you also know that some personal insurances becomes more relevant when you are a homeowner?

When moving, you should review your insurances. Make an appointment with an adviser and get help with insurance for your specific life situation.

If you own a house or a cabin, it’s a good idea to have both contents insurance and home or cabin insurance in the same insurance company.

If you have the best cover we offer in our home contents insurance, you get moving insurance included. This covers damage to and theft of home contents that occurs during transport and loading/unloading between the home and the vehicle.

If you use a moving company, their insurance applies. Therefore, remember to find out what kind of insurance they have before you sign an agreement.

Young couple with moving boxes

Insurance for renting and rental

Both landlords and tenants must have their own home contents insurance to cover the value of the belongings in the home where they live.

A tenant is not considered a permanent member of a household and is not covered by the landlord’s home contents insurance. This applies whether you live in a dorm, a shared house or rent an entire home. Therefore, as a tenant, you should have your own insurance to cover your things, just like the homeowner has their insurance.

If you have house insurance with us and rent out parts of your house, remember to let us know. This will ensure that you include rental insurance as additional coverage.

Home insurance FAQs

Young man on a balcony in a block.

Housing cooperative and co-ownership insurance

If you are a board member of a housing cooperative or co-ownership and looking for insurance for the building, you can get a quote for residential building insurance from DNB business. It protects building and occupants financially against different types of damage and provides quicker repairs should an accident occur.

More insurance policies

Footer navigation

Head office

Dronning Eufemias gate 30

0191 Oslo, Norway

Postal address


PO Box 1600 - Sentrum

0021 Oslo

Org. no.


984 851 006

DNB Websites

DNB Eiendom (DNB Real Estate)#girlsinvestDNB Tech Blog


DNB LuxembourgDNB SwedenDNB Denmark

Social media

Terms of useData protectionCookiesPrice listCompare our prices with other companies at Finansportalen.noWork for us